Home Security Advice
Your home is important to you, it keeps your family and possessions safe. Make sure your security is up to British Standard and Insurance Approval.
Unico Locksmiths offer home security surveys giving you the best advice and tips to help reduce the risk of burglaries.
The first thing you should consider before contacting a locksmith:
- Always use a Master Locksmiths Approved (MLA) Company, to ensure you are dealing with a professional locksmith who has passed BLI examinations and undergone regular inspections, and are DBS/CRB checked .
- The MLA provide peace of mind through their licensing scheme, always check for the MLA approved company logo.
- Make sure any company you use has public and product liability insurance.
- Fitting insurance approved locks BS3621 to wooden doors and TS007 BS 3* to UPVC doors.
- Extra security on doors such as chains, bolts and door viewers.
- Fitting 2 star security handles.
- Fitting Pat-Lock to patio doors.
- Fitting security locks to windows.
- Securing gates with locks, or padlocks with hasp and staples.
- Install a safe that is AIS insurance approved and make sure it is bolted down securely, keeping your valuables safe.
- Internal light bulbs with timers for when you are not home.
- Keep keys out of view from windows and doors and away from letterboxes.
- Keep windows shut and locked at night.
- Fitting an alarm system which is serviced regularly.
- Set your alarm whenever you go out.
- If you need to fit an external key safe fix a LPCB certificate key safe to store keys securely.
- Fitting automatic lighting outside.
- Make sure internal garage doors leading into your home are always kept locked and are secured with a B/S lock.
- Be wary of posting on social media sites about when you are going on holiday.
- Where possible choose Secured By Design products.
Call 01246 540833 or email email@example.com to book your home security survey.
Unico Locksmiths MLA company number: 003830